I cooked dinner last night, just the second time since the arrival of my parents! I hope to share some of my mum’s cooking with you in time.
This salmon burger is easy to put together and cooks quick too. It uses fresh salmon and ground pork with potatoes and onions for extra bite. I make it with leftover grilled salmon too. My family likes these burgers including hubby who is not a fish fan. Hope you’ll like them too!
(Adapted from Harumi’s Japanese Cooking)
12 oz fresh salmon, skinless and bonelesss
1 small onion, diced
1 tablespoon butter
1 small potato, peeled
4 oz ground pork (I use chicken)
1 egg, beaten
Salt and pepper
1. Chop salmon finely until it is almost ground.
2. Lightly cook chopped onions in the butter, taking care to retain the onion’s crisp texture. Leave to cool.
3. Boil the potato or microwave it till cooked. Mash and leave to cool (do not add any butter or milk).
4. In a large bowl, mix the chopped salmon and ground pork. Add the cooked onion, mashed potato and beaten egg, then season with salt and pepper.
5. Shape the mixture into small burgers. Heat some oil in a frying pan. Working in batches, fry the burgers for 2-3 minutes on each side till browned and the meat is cooked.
6. Serve with Ponzu sauce (or mix light soy sauce with lemon juice) or mayonnaise with coarsely ground black pepper.